We are Participants in
the UN Global Compact
What exactly is the UN Global Compact?
The United Nations Global Compact is a worldwide pact between companies and the UN (intergovernmental association of 193 states) with the aim of making globalisation more socially and environmentally responsible. It provides a voluntary leadership platform for the development, implementation and disclosure of responsible business practices and is one of the world’s largest initiatives for sustainable and responsible corporate governance. Launched in 2000, the UN Global Compact is the largest corporate sustainability initiative in the world. More than 15,000 companies and 3,000 signatories, located in more than 160 countries, as well as more than 70 local networks participate in the initiative. And now we are too!
Together with the UN Global Compact, we share the vision of creating the world we want through a global coalition of sustainable businesses and stakeholders. Together with thousands of other companies and non-economic actors, we can make an active contribution to shaping a more sustainable, transparent and fairer world. This gives us the chance to shape the world of tomorrow, as we imagine it together, by doing business responsibly – and thus making it a little better.
For more information, we recommend visiting the UN Global Compact website and our profile on its website.
What does this mean for us as a company?
We are committed to acting and operating within the framework of the Ten Principles – this applies to our working practices and strategies. The Ten Principles are divided into four thematic areas: human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption, each of which is further subdivided. On the right-hand side you will find the respective thematic areas with their sub-goals.
In addition to the Ten Principles, we are committed to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and do our utmost to make a positive contribution to all of them and to avoid any negative impact from them. Below you will find an overview of the 17 SDGs.
In future, we will report annually on our contribution to and actions within the Ten Principles and the SDGs in our Communication on Progress (CoP). This will be published on our website and also made publicly available on the official UN Global Compact website. In this way, we want to contribute to the transparency of our company and our actions.
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
2. make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
4. the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
5. the effective abolition of child labour; and
6. the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7. Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
8. undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
9. encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
10. Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
Here you find articles and announcements regarding the UN Global Compact as well as about our participation in it.
Participation in the Peer Learning Group Gender Equality 2023
We are pleased to announce that we will be participating in the Gender Equality Peer Learning Group next year. The Peer Learning Group is an offer from the UN Global Compact Germany and will allow us to get input from other participants on their approach to achieving...
We are participating in the UN Global Compact
Since 07.11.2022, we have been a participant in the UN Global Compact Initiative - a voluntary leadership platform for the development, implementation and disclosure of responsible business practices. The initiative was launched in 2000 and is the largest corporate...
Contact our experts:
Lisa Ben Baruch